In today’s Internet industry, getting web traffic is everything. Internet marketers around the globe are working day and night vigorously to increase the web traffic to their sites. Search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing determine the rating and the value of a website according to the web traffic they get. Web traffic is basically the number of all the visitors that a website has. This term has a wider concept as it generally contains Organic and viral nature of traffic.
Such visitors who have landed on your website for the first time or fresh visitors to your website via entering relevant keywords in a search engine are considered as organic traffic to your website. Search engines namely Google, Yahoo and Bing give high priority to this kind of traffic as it is regarded the genuine traffic. If a website has a higher ratio of its organic traffic as compare to the returning traffic it is considered as highly relevant and user-friendly in the eyes of search engines. It is very important that you must have a quality website. Since there is a steep competition between search engines, therefore they always try to bring quality to the people who use their search engine.
Now if you want to get relevant traffic, you must work hard for it. You must understand and implement the rules of search algorithms. By following and applying these basic rules, you can very well achieve a high rate of organic traffic.
- You must remember that your search engine ranking is highly dependent on the keywords you use. So make sure you do exhaustive research to find out keywords relevant to your Website or blog. Include the keywords with good search volume in the titles of your article or blog and also in the main body. You should also add secondary keywords throughout the content. It is also a great idea to use the keyword in the domain name of your Website. Doing this will greatly increase your chances to rank high in a search engine listing and improve organic traffic.
- Content is king in the online world. So, your chances to improve organic traffic depend on your ability to add fresh and relevant content to your Website. This is because the caching of your Website depends on the amount of content it has. Make sure that you add new and unique content to your site every week.
- Include back links in your site for better search engine optimization and to improve organic traffic. The number of quality links that refer to your Website is taken as a parameter of the popularity of your Website.
- Make your Website easily navigable. This will help visitors as well as search engine spiders to go through your site better. You can also include a sitemap in your Website.
- Try to avoid use of Flash in your Website if you want to improve organic traffic. Though Flash sites look nice, it takes very long to load and can annoy visitors. In addition, engine spiders have difficulty reading them.
It is easy to improve traffic to your Website or blog if you keep these points in mind.